A lot of my workout's come from Cross-fit. Cross-fit is a type of exercise that includes cardio and strength training in quick circuits giving you a full body workout. The best part is that Cross-fit.com and many other individual gyms, that practice Cross-fit, post daily workouts online. There are tons of places to get great workouts for free.
This is one of the cross-fit workouts I tweaked to fit my needs using the equipment available at my gym.
Run 1 mile to warm up.
For time complete this circuit:
- 25 Walking lunge steps
- 20 Pull-ups
- 50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
- 20 Double-unders (jumping rope, attempt to get the rope under your feet twice before your feet touch the ground)
- 25 tricep dips
- 20 Knees to elbows
- 30 Kettlebell swings, 25 pounds
- 30 Sit-ups
- 20 Overhead weighted squats (take a barbell, holding it over your head while you squat)
- 25 Back extensions
- 30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
3 sets of 12 incline sit-ups with a 25 pound weight
3 sets of 60 second abdominal planks
Lastly, stretch to cool down.
I was in and out of the gym in 37 minutes completing this workout from start to finish.