Saturday, September 17, 2011

Harvest Sign Garland

This is the first year that I am actually decorating for fall. Last year we were so new in our home that I hardly had any normal decorations; so I did not want to spend the time or money on seasonal decorations. This year I am ready to decorate for fall, in full force. I started with my wreath and the next step was making something for my mantel.



Your Supplies:
-Card Stock
-Craft knife
-Mod Podge
-Glitter
-String
-Hole Punch
-Glue-dots
I like this project because it is simple and if you are into making crafts, you probably already have all these supplies in your crafting room or closet!

I am not lucky enough to have a Silhouette or Cricut at this point, so I had cut-out my letters the old fashion way.  I picked out the size and font that I wanted my letters, printed, and started cutting with my craft knife. (Maybe in the future I will have a magical machine that will do all the hard cutting for me!)
I taped my prints over cardstock to cut my letters out.


I was using orange glitter, so I also used orange cardstock so no white would show through my glitter.
Once your letters are cut out start mod-podging and glittering your letters.


I let my letters dry while I cut out triangles to adhere to the back of my letters. Using a small circular hole punch I made holes for the string of my garland. I strung my triangles on my hemp string and used glue dots to adhere my triangles and letters together. 








I am Linking up to parties at:
Check out all the Buttons here
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A 2 Z
Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoe String
Friday Flair at Whipper Berry
Potpourri Party at 2805
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Sunday Scoop at I heart Nap Time
Lovely Crafty Weekend at Lovely Crafty Home
Weekend Wrap up Party at Tater tots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Share at Southern Lovely
Wow me Wednesdays at Ginger Snap Scrafts
Sizzle into Summers at DIY by Design
Primp your Stuff Wednesday at Primp
Will Craft for...Comments at Tales of a Trophy Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment